October 3, 2013

Random Thoughts: Day 4 {FMF Style}

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."


This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

For the month of October, Five Minute Friday posts will also be a part of the 31 Days series I'm linking up with over at The Nester. This is actually kind of perfect, because what better way to write random thoughts than to have a random word throw at you and try to write for five minutes whatever comes to your mind? FMF and Random Thoughts sounds like a match made in Heaven. 


Now, with out further ado...

This weeks prompt is: WRITE

GO!

This whole 31 days thing is shaping up to be harder than I thought. I figured that jotting down some random thoughts each day would be no big deal, but life gets in the way, and and it's hard to find time to write even that. 

The reason why I chose to write random thoughts for 31 days was because it had become a joke that I was the blogger who never blogged. I had good intentions of writing regularly, but I just couldn't seem to make it happen. So writing something, anything, for 31 days is my attempt to get in the habit of writing so that hopefully (hopefully) I will become a more regular voice out in the blogosphere. 

The truth is though, I do write. A lot. I write regularly for two other blogs and that takes up a lot of my words. But so much still swells in my soul, and I want to share it with you. 

Here's to writing more. 

STOP!


Five Minute Friday

16 comments:

  1. Girl. I love your writing. And yes, I so so get that writing for other sites sucks your brain dry and then you become a blogger who doesn't blog! I wrote on my own site mayyyybe twice this summer? Anyways. I appreciate you in this writing community. Whether you write or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote in my 31 Days introduction that I hope maybe I'd learn some self-discipline as a side effect. I don't have the excuse of writing anywhere else - I just let myself get distracted by too many other things. I love reading what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be so hard can't it? I write for myself and ONE other blog and this 31 days thing has me TIRED. But it has stretched and forced me to grow in all of the best ways (or at least so far)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your words, here, there, wherever they end up :) You are a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes...writing and living can suck you dry...but the well is deep and the river is wide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about doing the 31 days to try to kick me in gear to write more often but I realized that I don't have that many words to share. I love reading you no matter if it is here or anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two other blogs? That is A LOT of writing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, I love your imagery of the words swelling within you! How beautiful!! I know the discipline and love of writing, along with all the other responsibilities can just kinda spiral outta control. A blogger who doesn't blog! I am so inspired by you! Blessings and peace to you! (sorry it took me so long to reply! - technical issues i finally figured was my browser!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen sister!!! Here is to writing more... and I too love your words and your heart friend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to do the 31 Days, but decided nope, that is not the season I'm in now. Hope your randomness goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you and all your words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "write" on sister!! Writing/blogging takes up time; that which we don't always have but your words are resting in the hearts of those who need it most.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from FMF. Your words are always important and God can use them to encourage someone else even if you least expected it, or were just writing "random" thoughts!! Enjoy the 31 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So long as you listen to Him and write, sharing the words He has for only you, it doesn't matter where they are on the internet. You're still leaving God-Sized fingerprints all over and people {like me} love to see what they look like through your perspective. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from FMF - Kelly - thank you for your positive attitude, for your dive-in-at-any-cost spirit, and for your other two blogs. I peeked... You certainly have a lot to share - a lot of good stuff - I look forward to seeing what kind of spin you put on your next prompt for random thoughts... Dont's stop sharing! Have a restful weekend - Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's to writing more! Keep on Kelly...your writing always blesses!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...