October 30, 2013

Random Thoughts: Day 30



I've always relied on words to figure things out. I still have a red folder from my teens full of some of the most pathetically emo poems and songs that you could ever read. It's embarrassingly depressing and laughable the way that I thought my world was ending every time a boy didn't like me back. 

Through out my life, I've often written letters that never made it into the mail. I write sometimes to sift through my thoughts and as a way to process what I'm feeling. I prefer letters, emails, and texts over conversation sometimes because it gives me a chance to more accurately convey what I want to say rather than my awkward verbal diarrhea. 

But sometimes, talking is what you need to do. Sometimes, the rawness of conversation over carefully constructed paragraph is just the linguistic dance that is necessary to lead you where you need to be. Sometimes, when you feel like you're talking in circles, it's really God circling a place in your heart that needs healing. 

Today's hurts are compounded by yesterdays and together they rip the scars of wounds from years and decades and lifetimes ago. 

It is often words that break us. Words spoken to us, or words that were not. The only true way to heal those wounds are with the words of the Healer. 

My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words.  Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart;  for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body.
Proverbs 4:20-22

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.
Psalm 30:2

Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.  But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:4-5

The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.  The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.
Psalm 41:2-3

He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."
Mark 5:34

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24


It may be words that bruise us, but the Word is what bandages us. The promises of a God who loves you and heals you. Call to Him. Go to Him in prayer and in the Scripture. In the Words He left for you. For me. He will free you from suffering. 

But the centurion replied, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof, but only say the word, and my servant will be healed.
Matthew 8:8



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...