October 24, 2013

Random Thoughts: Day 24


This is not where I thought I would be. 

Months of dreaming and planning led to a sudden change in circumstance and now it's all so much different than I had imagined. 

I thought that right now I would be Greenville bound. That I would be hugging sweet sisters and caffeinating myself in preparation for late nights with kindred spirits. Instead, I'm heading to the kitchen table for our daily lessons and fueling up with coffee so I can keep up with the kids and the laundry another day. 

I've been here before; this place of unsettled ground, wondering how you ever got here. 

I've been here under worse conditions. 

What I've learned in this dried up land of confusion and heartache, is that God shows up in the desert. He meets you in the dust and the dirt and He pours out Living water in the barren land. 

This may not be where I thought I would be. This may not be the way I had planned it. But maybe, just maybe, this is where I need to be. 

Maybe, just maybe, shattered dreams are a vehicle to something greater...a pathway to the land of milk and honey.

Maybe, just maybe, on the other side of the desert is the Promised Land. 

And no matter how long I wander, or how hot it gets, I know that He is with me every step of the way.






1 comment:

  1. Oh Kelly, absolutely yes. My heart resonates with this. Praying you have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...