October 22, 2013

Random Thoughts: Day 22



It’s been a little over three years since my son was stillborn. In those three years, I have been blessed to be able to see Hope Mommies grow from a rebellion against the mainstream label of “Angel Mom” into a beautiful ministry serving hundreds of women grieving their children.
I think back to the first time I ever heard the term “Hope Mom”, or the day that ten of us sat by the fireplace on a cool winter evening, feeling for the first time in a long time like we weren't out of place. It was easy just to be, without the fear of making someone uncomfortable by speaking your babies name. It was ok to cry. It was ok to laugh. And we did a lot of both.
Working with Hope Mommies has been a wonderful opportunity for me. It blesses me to be able to use my pain and my love for my son to hold the hand of others who are walking a similar road. Behind the scenes, there is a team of amazing women who give tirelessly to this ministry day in and day out. They give their time, their hearts, and their tears.
Each baby matters to us. Every time we hear of a new Hope Mom, we cry together. We pray. We hurt. Each and every story we hear touches us. We mourn with you and desire to bring Hope into your grief. The Hope that only Christ can give.
Read more over at Hope Mommies

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing ministry God has given to you, to be able to use your pain and sorrow to help other women. You are such a blessing and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...