October 18, 2013

Random Thoughts: Day 18 {FMF Style}

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."


This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

For the month of October, Five Minute Friday posts will also be a part of the 31 Days series I'm linking up with over at The Nester. This is actually kind of perfect, because what better way to write random thoughts than to have a random word throw at you and try to write for five minutes whatever comes to your mind? FMF and Random Thoughts sounds like a match made in Heaven. 


Now, with out further ado...

This weeks prompt is: Laundry

GO!

The baskets, overflowing with clean clothes sit in the corner. The fabric is surely wrinkled now, and it will probably all have to be washed again. It's been sitting there for more than a day, staring at me. I just haven't had the energy or the initiative to do anything about it.

I dug through the piles to find clean socks and fresh undergarments. I wrestled out an old t-shirt and my favorite sweatpants, broken in perfectly to my body after four years of wear. Then I pushed the baskets back and sighed as I thought to myself, "Maybe tomorrow."

Maybe tomorrow I'll get to the laundry. Maybe tomorrow I'll do more than change into clean sweats. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the store, cook dinner, live life.

But today? Today my heart hurts and I lay bleeding and broken before my God. Today, I cry out in my lack of understanding and my anger and my frustration. Today, I can barely muster the energy to move from bed to couch and back again because when you are slayed by ones you love, the cuts bleed bright red and they ache like death.

So today, I run and rest in Him. Today, I know the He will never let me down even when everyone else does. Today, I lay in bed wrapped in chenille and Grace. And tomorrow, I'll get to the laundry.


STOP!
Five Minute Friday

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart, Kelly. Yes, tonight hang on tight to God. The laundry will wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this truth, Kelly. All too well. Been there bleeding and red from those who supposedly loved and cared. I'll be here always with a glass of wine and a hug. Always. And I mean it. Because I've been burned, too... and those scars? I know they don't heal quickly. BIG GIANT HUGE HUGS -- and you know those are more than just words from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is Faithful. And I don't understand and you don't understand and we all can have all these rumbling, unexplainable questions...but at the end of the day I end up right back on my knees saying over and over He is Faithful in all things, at all times, in all ways. Praying you feel this truth heavy tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet friend. Know that I'm joining you, with Nutella. And I'm holding you in my heart and in prayer. I am amazed by you. By what you do and how you reach out to others and offer faith, hope and undeniable love. I hope that some of that love boomeranges back on you, and you find yourself wrapped in it. Filled to the brim with comfort and peace. And most of all, joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you open your heart to Him, may He tenderly take your heart and stop the blood flow. Stay wrapped in His grace, for He ~ and only He ~ is ever enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, my heart hurts to read this. I am sorry you are hurting. But I know the One who holds you through your hurt. He is faithful and will not leave you. I am praying you sense His nearness and His loving arms wrapped around you tight, holding you close and whispering His love for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart aches with yours friend... And I wish I could fix this for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying sweet friend... wrapped in chenille and Grace... and in His loving protective Arms... I love you so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, I'm so sorry your heart's hurting. Know that the laundry can wait and may you tangibly sense His tender hands holding your heart today. Bless you girl. Grace and peace and sweet comfort to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And in chenille and grace you will find rest. You are perfect in him in your sweats and all. He rejoices over you even with unfolded clothes. He will bring you out of the hurts and pains. I've been there too. Thanksful for your honest words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from FMF: I don't know what your trials are, but my heart hurt for you through your words. I'll hold you up in my thoughts.
    The laundry CAN wait, and tomorrow IS a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pray you find peace and comfort for all that hurts your heart today.Just hold fast to the fact that He is big enough to handle you anger, answer your questions and still hold you close. Also remember that the laundry is small enough to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying as you find peace and understanding through your pain. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelly, so sorry for your hurt. And you are totally right, there are times that the laundry will just wait. Thanks for sharing your heart in this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...