October 11, 2013

Random Thoughts: Day 11 {FMF Style}

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."


This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

For the month of October, Five Minute Friday posts will also be a part of the 31 Days series I'm linking up with over at The Nester. This is actually kind of perfect, because what better way to write random thoughts than to have a random word throw at you and try to write for five minutes whatever comes to your mind? FMF and Random Thoughts sounds like a match made in Heaven. 




Now, with out further ado...

This weeks prompt is: Ordinary

GO!


There's nothing wrong with ordinary. 

Extraordinary things happen in ordinary moments. 

It's true that there is no fault in typical and great things happen amongst the mundane. But I can't help but wonder if ordinary is where He has called us. If a life of comfort and security is really the life He asks us to live. 

I often wonder if as Christians, we've built walls between ourselves and the outside world. If I only listen to Christian music with my Christian friends in my suburban home where my walls are covered in Scripture art and we speak of giving grace and how dish washing is Kingdom work, I wonder, is this what Jesus meant when he said "Go and tell the world"? 

Encouragement is good. We need it in our lives, but at what point are we simply talking in circles with each other, cheering one another on for doing nothing? 

I've recently felt a burning passion deep inside of me to stop living ordinary and start living boldly for God! I prayed for awakening. I told God that I no longer wanted to live my life hugging the balance beam. He heard me and He's calling me out of my comfort zone in big ways. 

Sometimes I'm unsure and my footing is shaky, but I do not fear because I know that my God is big! I known that He has called us to do big, bold things for Him! So I'm stepping out of the ordinary and I'm risking it all for Him. 

Because while there's nothing wrong with ordinary, He's calling me to step out of it. 


STOP!

Five Minute Friday

6 comments:

  1. Girl I am sitting here on my couch cheering for you! Do it! Step out in faith and just watch God show up! He has given you a spirit of boldness, love and power to use for his Kingdom. Be brave and trust God! The results are up to him anyways! Praying you'll get an opportunity to be bold for Him today! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ma'am! Reminded me a bit of this that I read yesterday: http://www.christianitytoday.com/thisisourcity/7thcity/why-we-send-our-kids-to-poorest-public-school.html <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GO GIRL! Be strong and step out of the ordinary! Thank you fro sharing on FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you so! Be bold and brave and allow Him to breathe a bit of His Extra into your Ordinary, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary to get out of the comfort zone but not when it's your God calling you out. I pray you continue to be bold and you walk into the place He's drawing you to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may still be holding the balance beam but my grip is becoming looser each day. God is calling me to complete step out of the comfort zone I have built for myself. Thanks you for echoing His encouragement to be brave.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...