September 20, 2013

Five Minute Friday: She

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."


This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

This weeks prompt is: SHE

GO!


She stands at my feet and tugs on my pants leg. "Mom mom mom mom mom" she says. I scoop her up and hold her tight. How has she gotten so big?

Just one year ago, she was only a few days old. A not so little bundle of joy, she stole my heart the first moment I saw her. She was the child I had waited for for so long. And there she was, healthy and happy as a baby ever could be!

And today, just days after her first birthday, as we prepare to celebrate three years without her brother this weekend, I look at her and the way they share the same mouth, and I wonder if he would have looked like her at this age. I wonder if he would have been funny like she is.

She reminds me of hope. She reminds me that God restores and redeems. She reminds me of him.


 STOP!
Five Minute Friday

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to both your daughter and your precious son in heaven. I, too, am grateful for God's gifts of hope and restoration! And I love how He uses our kids to remind us of them. Visiting you from Five Minute Friday. ~Joell from Red Van Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Mama! A day to celebrate for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly your words bring tears to my eyes. I have not gone through your pain but my heart hurts with yours. I am truly grateful God gives us more so we can move on and experience joy after tragedy. She is beautiful and I know he would have been too.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing. Yes, God is our hope and your daughter is a reflection of that. Beautiful post and prayers for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me achy and happy all at the same time. What a doll she is. What light and joy! Sending hugs your way friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, Kelly! Thank you for sharing your heartache and the way God is loving you through it. Daughters are so special...hold on to every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((Hugs)) love this and how a God restores!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my heart! Sending you love and hugs! Happy birthday to your precious girl, and your little man in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tonight your words have brought both tears and smiles all at the same time. I am so bless that God has crossed our paths. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...