August 14, 2013

It's My Birthday


On August 23, I will celebrate the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. You see, that day is my 30th birthday!

As I look back on the decade that was my twenties, I think about how how much I've changed and all of the blessings that God has so lavishly given me. I am amazed as I see the ways that God moved in my life over the last ten years. 

In my twenties, God welcomed this prodigal daughter of His home. He gave me a husband and three beautiful children. He took one of those children Home, and carried me while He infused me with His peace, comfort, and hope. He has led me and guided me through dreams He placed in my heart. He has stirred up passion in my life for Him and His Kingdom. He has given beauty for ashes and restored my heart to a fullness of joy I never could have imagined. 

My God is good. My God is faithful. My God has blessed me abundantly!

It is my desire to share the blessings He has given me with others, and I hope that you will help me do just that! 

For my 30th birthday, I want to give 30 Hope Boxes to families who have experienced the loss of a child. Hope Boxes are a tangible way to love on bereaved parents. Full of goodies like tea, coffee, lotions, Scripture cards, and handwritten notes, Hope Boxes are a small way to GIVE HOPE to a family who so desperately needs the love of Jesus in a time of immeasurable heartbreak. 

Each Hope Box costs $50 to create and send. Would you consider gifting one to help celebrate my birthday? Every gift counts! Even a donation of $10 will help to get a box to a grieving family. 

Nothing would start this new decade of my life better than being able to GIVE HOPE to 30 families! When you donate, please choose the Fundraising category and put "Kelly's 30th birthday" in the comments. {Donate Here}

Thank you for joining me in my birthday celebration! 



3 comments:

  1. You break and bandage my heart all at once, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful birthday gift! Recently a friend experienced the loss of her child, and it has been devastating. We've loved on her in a similar way, but I know nothing is ever enough. Will you pray for her, please? Her name is Abigail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I'm so sorry you have said goodbye to one of your children. I did as well in Oct 2010. Our last child. She had a terminal NTD. I like to sew Kleenex travel size holders to give to grieving moms. And I've been blessed to have the opportunity to sew bears for Sufficient Grace Ministries that send packages like you do. SGM was started by a Kelly, interesting coincidence.
    I will have to read about your child on your blog. I really hope to get to know you better!
    kimberlee

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...