August 16, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Small

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."


This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

This weeks prompt is: Small

GO!

There has been so much stirring up in my heart as of late. I feel it, and so many others do to. The Spirit is on the move and an awakening is happening within the Church. Do you feel it?

No longer are the days when we sit on the sidelines and live safe Christian existence focused on our faith and our families and our lives. No longer are the days that we sit on the sidelines and watch sin and evil and darkness take over the world around us and do nothing to stop it but try to stop it from entering our life. 

No longer are the days of our, because the days of HIM are coming! 

As the Glorious Day of Jesus return draws nearer, a revival is rising in the land! He is raising up armies and emblazoning His disciples with passion to save this world from self-destruction before it is too late!

But this fighting, it is hard and it is overwhelming and although I feel the call to arms, I do not even know how to begin to fight. How do I begin to wage a war against evil from within my suburban home with dinner on the stove and a babe on my hip?

How do I begin to even touch abortion, slavery, sex trafficking, abuse, babies dying, and so many other evils from my 3 bedroom ranch with a handmade wreath on the door?

I do not know the answers to that. What I do know is that while I am small, my God is BIG. And where He calls me, I will go. Where He leads, I will follow. Even if that takes me out of my safe, selfish, carbon-copied, Christian life. Especially if it takes me out of my safe, selfish, carbon-copied Christian life. 

No longer are the days of our. The days of my. 

These are the days of Him. Where I am small, but my God is BIG.


STOP!

Five Minute Friday

20 comments:

  1. This is like a stand up and cheer post! So much victory and overcoming and glory, all from and of Him. Love your heart that shines in these words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeking out how God can use my small hands in His big plans. Grateful that He is so big, because goodness knows I can't do anything apart from Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No longer are the days of our, because the days of HIM are coming! WOW!!! Just ummm.... WOW!!! I'm like literally jumping up and pumping fists in the air!!! Yes this today... just this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that ... "when we feel small, God is big" .. I always keep that in mind whenever I am going through a tough time. God is bigger than us, which also makes us big as well. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tremendous amen to this. This > These are the days of Him. Where I am small, but my God is BIG. < There is a victory call in your writing tonight, friend. A hear and rejoice in this with you. And take up my armor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN! Oh how this stirred and moved my heart. I am small, but in the hands of a big and mighty God, watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. and this is how you fight Kelly..with these all powerful words..inspired by Him,they reveal a truth that transforms. This was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN !! AMEN!! AND AMEN!! We each feel so small but together we are larger and with God we are overcomers. It is time that the church no longer sit on our pews with our hands folded. Thank you for sounding the battle cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaaammmmaaaazing friend! This post gave me chills up my spine. God gave you these words and way to write it for the world to see. Preach it sister!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!!! I can hear the excitement for the Lord in every single word!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, yes, yes I shout from the rooftop! Love, this Kelly! Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I want to stand up and shout, "Amen!" Your enthusiasm is contagious. How, indeed, can we tackle all the injustice in the world from behind our carefully painted front doors? We don't have to know the answers, just that our God is big and He can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This. Right here. This is how you begin to fight from your 3 bedroom home. Your words spark life into dry bones and you are stirring up hearts. LET'S GO, SISTER! Yes, "If God is for us, WHO can be against us?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I feel small, my God is Big!!! Such true and inspiring words. Thanks, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So Much Yes... and I love you so... that is all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this So So much!! To let God take us out of our comfort zones and do big things through our small selves. It's always scary to pray that prayer but oh so worth it!! To the end of the days of our, to the days of my!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You continue to fight in the home you are creating with the children on your hip. They are your mission right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad I read this today - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful, Kelly! And so right!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this lots. it amazes me and just completely boggles my mind when i think about how BIG our God truly is, and yet how deeply and tenderly He loves and cares for each and every one of us, and what great plans He has for each of His children!! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...