July 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Broken

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."


This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

This weeks prompt is: BROKEN

GO!




I read the tweet. "Please pray". 

Tears filled my eyes and my back slid down the cupboard as my body crumpled itself on the kitchen floor. I've seen this tweet, this status, this email or text. I've gotten this phone call too many times.

I guess it's one of the hazards of working with a non-profit that exists to bring the HOPE of Christ to the broken families that have suffered the death of a baby. A non-profit that I watched turn from ten brave women who blogged their way through grief into a group of hundreds. 

Hundreds of mothers with broken hearts as their arms ache with the weight of their emptiness. Hundreds of mothers who stare at empty cribs and cry out wondering why this has happened to them! 

Why did it happen to me?

Almost three years later, I may not know exactly why, but I have a much clearer picture than I did at first. That clarity has been a gift from God and every day I fight my flesh and I let God use me and my own brokenness to help bring His love and hope to others who have to walk this same road.

It is heavy on my heart and some days I am not sure that I can do it anymore. I can't read one more story or see one more post from a grieving mom crying out in pain. I can not hear of one more baby dying in his mothers womb or in his crib. 

Come quickly, Lord Jesus! 

This broken world and these broken bodies bring too much pain. And my heart! My heart is broken and I know that Yours is even more! My only HOPE is in You and Your promises! Promises to trade beauty for ashes and to wipe all of our tears away! Promises of Everlasting Life! Promises of a Paradise where all of these precious souls wait for us! The Promise of Your Glorious return! Do not delay! 

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

STOP!


This week, we linked up over on Lisa Jo's Facebook.  You can read other brave posts there.

Five Minute Friday

14 comments:

  1. I don't even have the right words to comment on this - but I am so touched by the transparency of grief/heaviness of heart and the reminder that we serve a God who understands and is touched by our brokenness and pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet friend. Your bravery and courage to share Noah's story heals so many. Thank you for your honesty in your brokenness. Happy weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly. I can't even begin to imagine this kind of pain. But I am in awe of God's grace and what He's done in your life to transform your story as you've allowed Him to work. Blessings on your journey as you continue to do this heaven-bound work. And thank you for sharing so completely here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I have no words only my heart that is aching for you and those who are grieving. Thank you for your brave hearts on behalf of Christ. Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not understand your grief, but I grieve with you, for you, and the many mothers having to walk this road. Thank you for your courage to share, to bring hope to others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. every day I fight my flesh and I let God use me and my own brokenness to help bring His love and hope to others who have to walk this same road. - this. It's an everyday decision to surrender and to let God use us.

    Thanks for sharing from your pain. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi friend, I felt your words. Not as a mama who has lost a babe, but as a sister who does know other loss and the ache of it all and this old world rocking and swaying broken. These words were so real and I'm thankful for your ministry and for the way that God is making beauty from ashes in your own life. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, what a brave women you and Andi are, and everyone else involved in this ministry. Powerful and poignant. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such bravery in this post! I love your transparency, and the fact that you feel hurt for those who are hurting, and yet you soldier on? That is just more evidence of God in you. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Kelly
    My heart goes out to you and I admire the way our Lord uses you to bring hope and encouragement to others in the midst of your own pain. I will be praying for you, dear one, that our Lord would comfort you and fill your heart with everlasting hope.
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl... I have no words... only praise for the One who gathers all your tears, who promises you (and every one of us) a future and a hope, who will - yes - one day reunite on the other side...

    Love you, friend... in brokenness and in healing... in how He flows through you to bring comfort and peace... I just love you, friend!

    ~K~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this was so powerful. What a beautiful FMF, love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so brave and beautiful, sweet friend. Thank you for letting His light shine through your brokenness...and for the way you allow Him to use you through your pain and grief. Hugs and prayers to you...I'm so blessed by your words today.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...