July 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Belong

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."

This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

And this week, the amazing Ann Voscamp joined us! What a treat! 

This weeks prompt is BELONG

GO!

For most of my life, I was lonely. I had friends, sure. But a part me always felt like I was on the outside. 

At some points, there wasn't even a place to be on the outside of. I was truly alone. Maybe not physically, but emotionally, mentally...

And then I prayed. And I prayed and I prayed and I prayed that God would send me people. My people. That I would BELONG somewhere. That I would find a place in this world where I felt at home. 

He answered those prayers.

He answered them in a husband who loves me unconditionally and beyond all I ever imagined. He answered me in 3 beautiful children. He answered me with friends who accept me for who I am. 

He gave me a voice to love others who feel alone. He gave me a space to Glorify Him. And through all of this, He gave me a group of unbelievable women in this community of the Five Minute Friday that blesses me daily. Women who encourage me and spur me on. Women who challenge me and stretch me. 

He answered my prayers beyond my wildest expectations. Just like He always does. Because no matter what happens in this world, I know, that it is truly in Him that I BELONG. 

STOP!



Five Minute Friday

21 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that our identity is in Christ and not anything else, because it sure gets exhausting when it is in anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do belong... and I love you dearly friend... So glad that you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, He is so faithful, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to chat with you on Saturday!!! Love you, Kelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so well put...that in our own families we DO belong. I forget that...especially after days like today when I hide in the bathroom for five minutes of peace...lol
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how He answered your prayers. What a joy to belong! He's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is so good at knowing and providing exactly what we need! So happy for these answered prayers for you!! And this FMF community is like no other!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, friend. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you do belong. What an answer to prayer in both the God we serve who adores you and the people He's placed in your life to love on you. It was so fun hanging out tonight at #fmfparty. I've missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Girl... I love this and I am so glad He answers prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMEN! Thankful that we belong together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this feeling alone is something we all feel at different times. Reading and hearing people verbalize they too feel the same way has a way of making us feel as if we are together in this.

    Thanks for the write.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Kelly
    O,h yes! We all need to belong, but our reborn spirit can only belong to our Pappa, there where each one of us has our own intimate relationship with Him. Then we can love those around us with His love filling our hearts
    Happy FMF XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your sweet smiling face is a part of Five Minute Fridays and our little Hello Mornings group! Your words are dear...we do have such blessings in the Heavenly family and in or earthly ones. Have a wonderful weekend! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. We do feel like we belong when we're in God's arms. We just have to remember that that's where we are!

    Laura Hedgecock
    http://www.TreasureChestofMemories.com
    http://www.twitter.com/LauraLHedgecock

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so hard to feel lonely. I've felt that way since my transition began 9 months ago! And especially since heading out to CO to stay with my daughter for a while. I miss my friends and my home. But as you said, God always provides. Thanks for your encouragement today, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a good realization! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post! Happy Weekend blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have found your people! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...