June 6, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Fall

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."

This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

This weeks prompt is FALL

GO!

I don't want it to be like this. I wish I could make it stop. But the ugly... It keeps creeping in. 

Just when I think that I've got it together. Just when I think I've overcome this flesh, I fall. Time and time again. So I do the only thing that I can do. 

I run with my sin-soaked heart in my hands and take all of the dirty, all of the pain, all of the sickness and I fall at the feet of my Healer. I ashamedly confess that though I try, I've failed, and this skin that I wear has once again won the battle. Broken and filthy, I ask for Him to take this heart of mine and make it His. 

Then this Great Physician, he picks me up with arms of love and dusts me off. Wipes me clean. He heals my heart and gives it back to me new. And like a baby learning to walk, I toddle away, unsteady on my feet. 

Until the next time I fall. 

STOP!


Five Minute Friday

12 comments:

  1. Kelly that was so raw and real. Loved your honesty and passion for your faith. My favorite line was, "And like a baby learning to walk, I toddle away, unsteady on my feet." because to me, we're always going to be learning as we go, just like babies.

    Thank you for sharing. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "picking up" image is so beautiful it takes the sting out of the fall. Thanks for an honest and hopeful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly identify with you. Yes we fall again and again. How thankful to be picked up by our Savior again and again. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! The goosie inducing, spirit filled WOW!!! Thank you for this image sister. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one Kelly! I have fallen all ready too many times today. Thank you for your reminder that in your words:
    "Then this Great Physician, he picks me up with arms of love and dusts me off. Wipes me clean. He heals my heart and gives it back to me new. And like a baby learning to walk, I toddle away, unsteady on my feet."

    Amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have shared so honestly the fall we all face each day. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That. Yes. Every. Single. Day. We fall and He picks us up, dusts us off, and sets us on our feet again. Lovely and real! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I can so relate to this post. Continually falling, bringing my sin-stained heart to the foot of the cross. So thankful that He picks me up and sets me on the right path again! Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is life. Every day we have to die to our flesh. Every day we have to offer ourselves back up to Him and ask Him to cleanse us once again. Every day we need His mercies {that's why they're new every morning}.
    Thanks for sharing your heart, Kelly. It's brave and real and whispers "Yah, me too" to those who feel like they're the only ones who fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much truth here... for each and every one of us! Leaning - like a toddler learning to walk - towards the safety of His arms open wide, right alongside you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for continually reminding me that I can bring myself back to Jesus no matter my state, scraped knees and all. I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...