June 27, 2013

Five Minute Friday: In Between

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."

This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

This weeks prompt is In Between

GO!



The redhead came first, five years ago. And just this past fall, that chubby blonde girl. How I love her thighs, like ham hocks. 

In between those two beauties was the boy.



In between was the aching arms and the empty cradle.

In between was the heartbreaking and the earth shattering and the gluing of it all back together.

In between was the revealing of a God who is good and faithful.

In between was tasting and seeing that the Lord is good.

In between was the beauty rising from the ashes and the joy from the mourning.

In between was the revealing of a longing for Heaven; a homesick never before felt.

In between was where Hope anchored my soul. 

For a while I lived in the land of in between. Trusting that one day He would lead me to  the land of milk and honey. And He has. It's in the hard places that He shows up and He shows His face and His grace and His love. 

And even though it hurt, I am grateful for every second I had carried that boy. And I am grateful for every second I had a God who carried me while I walked through the land of in between. 

STOP!   


Five Minute Friday

24 comments:

  1. Oh so lovely... so, so lovely. You make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love, beautiful and heartbreaking. I'm in tears

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, friend. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My in between is an awesome boy too! He is now 22 years old. Thanks for this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful words to honor your child. Your son. My heart feels for you and I thank you for sharing a glimpse into the character of God through what He has done in your life.

    Have a very blessed Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a sweet tribute - to your family and to His grace. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love you, girl! So so much! How we can be all jokey and sarcastic and then you go and just hit it right there with this... beauty and pain and glory and healing all in one place... all in the in between!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty and heartbreak. Comfort and crushing pain. I'm waiting for a heaven to make my family whole too. Love to you, tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so courageous. Seriously, I feel like that's from God, this courage you have. Hang onto the sweet faith of loving on your lil' one in the land of milk and honey. All will be well.

    -new reader Rachel from Redeeming Her www.redeemingher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Kelly. My heart reaches for you just as I know you reached for Him. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tribute that brought me to tears! It wasn't just a tribute to your son, but to your Father as well. He's so good to us, even in the "land of in between" times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kelly, this is so beautiful. I love how it's so evident how He held you, carried you the in-between places. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love how God brought that sweet boy into this world and how his story lives on encouraging and touching the lives of so many still. You have a beautiful family Kelly, and I know that God and that sweet babe of yours are looking down upon you proud! Proud of all that you are and who you have become! Keep pouring sister....your on a great path with HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. In between the joy there are always (often) valleys of pain and suffering. Thank you for sharing your <3.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kelly! I am here from FMF.

    I am so sorry about your loss. How graced that you now can be grateful in the middle of that hurt. What a tribute to the grace present in the 'In Between'.

    Happy to follow you by email, and get to know you better.

    Peace in Christ,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great testimony to the true character of God - taking us through the really hard, long, in between times and bringing us out on the other side, in hope and joy. Thank you for sharing your experience. I pray that it encourages and helps someone else in a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! What a road you've traveled, friend. This is beautiful and heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok I wish you had put a tear jerking warning at the top so I wouldn't have read this at work. Your words are paint such a beautiful picture of God's grace in the in between.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amen. Loved your testimony here, and although mine is circumstantially different, I believe what we've learned is very similar. Glory be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely, it's so try that it's in the in between where we see God, exercise our trust and faith in Him. He never fails and always shows up, especially when we let him draw us closer to Him. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is incredibly moving. Thank you for sharing your story, and praise God for His faithfulness even in the heartache and the 'in between.' May He continue to guard and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amen, this in between does create such a longing for heaven! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...