May 23, 2013

Five Minute Friday: View

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."

This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.
he
This weeks prompt is VIEW
GO!

They say that hindsight is 20/20. And looking back, I see it all so clearly. I see Him so clearly.

Three years ago, she stepped into my life. On the worst day of my life she held my hand and cried with me. And now we were face to face again, but this time the tears were hers. This time, she needed me.

I shouldn't have been in the hallway that day. After weeks of thinking about me, but feeling awkward about reaching out, I was right before her eyes. In the last place she expected.

And I look back and see the way that God placed her in my life in my time of need, all the while knowing that all this time later, the roles would reverse. Knowing that on that day, I would happen across her path at just the right moment. At just the right time. 

We can't always see what He sees. We can't always know what He's doing. On that day in 2010, when she walked into the hospital room and handed me a teddy bear to take home in place of my son, I never would have thought that we would be here now. That I would have something to offer her. 

His view is so much better than mine. He sees so much more. He sees all of it and knows. 

And every now and again, we get lucky, and we can catch a glimpse. 

I am humbled. I am in awe. I am amazed.

The view from above shows His fingerprints everywhere. Even when I couldn't feel Him. Even when I didn't understand. His fingerprints are there. And looking back and seeing Him everywhere is a beautiful view.

STOP!


Five Minute Friday

20 comments:

  1. Oh this one. The hard beautiful. This is good, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly. My heart breaks while reading this. But there is joy and healing in seeing His fingerprints. For we know he goes before us, we need not fear :) Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly ... to see His fingerprints, to see His hand ... a gift you've been given that you now pass on to us. Thank you for that privilege.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I can see his fingerprints everywhere. It's so reassuring and confirming. Happy FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 24, 2013

    His fingerprints console us because He is holding us in His hands. Bless you dear.
    Heather
    40YearWanderer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing...how He sees, how He knows it all, how He plans it perfectly. And how hard it is to trust, but we know we can. Hugs to you, friend...this piece of your heart is just beautiful. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, I am so so glad we're FMF neighbors this week. I did a double take when I read "three years ago." My post also looked back on my view 3 years ago and how it's changed. Oh, He is Faithful always, even when our world is rocked and shaken to the core. His fingerprints are everywhere, and I'm so glad heaven has 20/20 vision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kelly...."The view from above shows His fingerprints everywhere. Even when I couldn't feel Him. Even when I didn't understand." This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heartbreaking. You are good to see the gold of that moment. So hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too, look back and see Him everywhere. this post tugged my heart Kelly. How wonderful to know you have been assured of His loving presence then and still feel it NOW. amazing! be blessed friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bounced around a few posts that were linked up and kept coming back to yours. I finally clicked on it and I'm so happy I did. I relate to this completely.
    It's as hard to look back sometimes as it was at that moment in 2010 to move forward. I lost a baby in 2008 and 2009.
    This is beautiful. Beautifully painful, beautifully open, beautifully honest.

    Kelly
    http://exceptionalistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beyond lovely, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He knows us so well. He understands our needs and answers us before we even ask. How astounding and wonderful is that!?
    In from FMF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this - God has done this in my life, putting people in my path just when I need them. I've never considered that maybe he does that WITH me for others...so humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that sometimes we don't see what He does because then we might try to back out or go around the hard stuff. However, He knows who we need to see and who needs to see Him in us. We are so blessed even before we realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, in every moment...in every page turned...in every glorious and every devastating...He's there. He's working. He's always up to something.
    Love this, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful! This line: "The view from above shows His fingerprints everywhere." So true! How bittersweet and yet perfect that you were able to be there for the person who was there for you during a tragic time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It redeems the ugly and hard when we see later how Hod uses us and others through those times. It doesn't make them less painful, but it is a gift to see a purpose. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing story and challenge of writing it in 5 mins! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Um, wow. Really, all I can say. I love the picture that you show, with his fingerprints every where. Blessings and love to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...