April 25, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Friend

It's Friday! So here we are, hundreds of us, bravely writing for five minutes flat on the same prompt given by the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. "No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."

This is Five Minute Friday, where writing gets real.

This weeks prompt is FRIEND

GO!

It's a prayer answered. The desire of my heart fulfilled. I wrote this word on a scrap of paper on a cold winters night and sent it up to the rafters linked with hundreds of other prayers.

If Facebook tells me I have 371 friends, how could I feel so alone?

Then it happened. A whisper in my heart said to be a friend first. To reach and open and serve. So I did. Scared out of my mind I opened my home and wore my heart on my sleeve as I opened my heart alongside the door.

And the God Who Provides sent a friend walking through that door. And not just one friend. A few.

And I kept hearing whispers and friends kept showing up. Women who see me and love me anyway. And my heart! My heart it swells and overflows with joy and laughter.

I am no longer alone. My prayers were answered by a faithful God who loves me! Who knows that we all need friends. After all, Jesus surrounded himself with friends while on earth.

And now he has surrounded me with friends. With women who encourage and inspire me. Women who reassure me and build me up.

Thank you Lord for answered prayers.

STOP! 

Five Minute Friday

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE how He answered your prayer for friends...thank you for sharing this! Blessings and happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jesus surrounded himself with friends" . . I really didn't think of His need for friends as we experience it. The idea makes Him AND my friends even more precious. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to be reminded that we were created for this type of relationship...and to deny it - well, it's no good. :) May we always remember how very "not alone" we are as God comes nearer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answered prayers are such sweet gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful for those who hear and answer the call to be a friend first. Bless you and your friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love getting to know you and being your friend. It's refreshing to see how God can take such a vulnerable word (friend) and make it the most beautiful and encouraging word. He is so faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so glad that prayer offered up (literally) was answered in only the way that He can...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet friend - I am so glad that He urged you on to boldness and forged the way to friendship with you! He is pretty amazing like that! (And I am so glad you are blogging and being bold and playing along with FMFs... just diving right in - where you belong!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy for you that God has brought such great friends to you and that you had the open heart to make it happen! I too found myself doing that very thing after some hurts and trust issues. The more I remain open hearted and reach out to others, the more comes back to me. It's the only way to go about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm seeing a beautiful theme in these posts: open your heart and become the friend you want for yourself. Others will follow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I really do believe God answers this prayer for us. Sometimes we want a group to belong to a group that isn't meant for us. But God has the right friends and if we let Him, He'll lead!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...